TrustLink Reviews


Federal Agencies

Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board (ACCESS Board)

1331 F St., NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20004-1111
Toll free: 1-800-872-2253
TTY: 1-800-993-2822
Fax: 202-272-0081

Commission on Civil Rights

624 9th St., NW
Washington, DC 20743
202-376-8513 (Complaint Referral in DC)
202-376-8110 (Publications)
202-376-7700 (Public Affairs)
Toll free: 1-800-552-6843 (Complaint Referral Outside DC)
TTY: 202-376-8116 (Nationwide Complaint Referral)

Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)

Office of External Affairs
Lafayette Center
1155 21st St., NW
Washington, DC 20581
Fax: 202-418-5525
The mission of the CFTC is to protect market users and the public from fraud, manipulation, and abusive practices related to the sale of commodity and financial futures and options, and to foster open, competitive, and financially sound futures and option markets. In pursuit of its mission, the CFTC investigates and prosecutes commodities fraud, including foreign currency schemes, energy manipulation and hedge fund fraud, and works with other federal and state agencies to bring criminal and other actions. The CFTC also engages in public education and outreach by participating in consumer groups and issuing Consumer Advisories and other educational materials.

Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)

4330 East West Highway
Bethesda, MD 20814
Toll free: 1-800-638-CPSC (2772) (CPSC Hotline)
TTY: 1-800-638-8270
Fax: 301-504-0051
E-mail:, Information on all government conducted recalls.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from more than 15,000 types of consumer products under the agency
’s jurisdiction, including: Toys and nursery equipment, appliances, sports, yard and playground equipment, furniture, clothing, computers, and fireworks. CPSC announces more than 300 product recalls every year. To get information on product recalls or report a dangerous product or product-related injury, call CPSC's Hotline (Spanish-speaking staff available), visit its Web site, or send an e-mail. Visit for information about all recalls conducted by the federal government. To order free publications, visit CPSC’s Web site or write to the address above, Attention: Publications Request.

Department of Agriculture (USDA)

Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
Legislative and Public Affairs
4700 River Rd., Unit 51
Riverdale, MD 20737
Fax: 301-734-5221

Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service (CSREES)
1400 Independence Ave., SW
Washington, DC 20250-2215
Fax: 202-690-2469 or 202-690-3162
To find your local Cooperative Extension office, consult the county government lists in your local telephone directory.

Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion
Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services
3101 Park Center Dr., Room 1034
Alexandria, VA 22302-1594
Fax: 703-305-3400

Food and Nutrition Service
Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services
3101 Park Center Drive, Room 926
Alexandria, VA 22302

Meat and Poultry Hotline
Food Safety and Inspection Service
Washington, DC 20250-3700
Toll free: 1-888-MPHotline (10am-4pm, English/Spanish)
TTY: 1-800-256-7072

Information Line USDA
1400 Independence Ave., SW - Room 422A
Washington, DC 20250

Department of Commerce

Bureau of the Census
Customer Services
Washington, DC 20233
301-763-INFO (4636)
Fax: 301-457-4714

Metric Program
Weights and Measures Division
National Institute of Standards & Technology
100 Bureau Dr., Mail Stop 2600
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-2600
Fax: 301-926-0647
The Metric Program educates the public and offers free resources to facilitate greater awareness and understanding of the metric system of measurement.

Weights and Measures Division
National Institute of Standards and Technology
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 2600
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-2600
Fax: 301-926-0647
The Weights and Measures Division promotes uniformity in U.S. weights and measures laws, regulations, and standards to achieve equity between buyers and sellers in the marketplace.

Seafood Inspection Program
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
1315 East-West Hwy., F/SI - Room 10837
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Toll free: 1-800-422-2750
Fax: 301-713-1081
NOAA oversees fisheries management in the United States and provides a voluntary inspection service to the industry. The NOAA Seafood Inspection Program offers product quality evaluation, grading, and certification services. NOAA provides official marks to eligible products, such as U.S. Grade A, Processed Under Federal Inspection (PUFI) and Lot Inspection.

United States Patent and Trademark Office
Toll free: 1-800-786-9199
TTY: 571-272-9950
Fax: 703-872-9306

Trademarks: Commissioner for Trademarks
Attention MPU
PO Box 1451
Alexandria, VA 22313-1451

Patents: Commissioner for Patents
PO Box 1450
Alexandria, VA 22313-1450

Department of Defense

National Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
1555 Wilson Blvd., Suite 200
Arlington, VA 22209-2405
Toll free: 1-800-336-4590 (Outside DC)
Fax: 703-696-1409
Provides assistance with employer/employee problems for members of the Guard and Reserve and their employers.

Department of Education

400 Maryland Ave., SW
Washington, DC 20202-2800

Toll free: 1-800-872-5327
TTY: 1-800-437-0833
Fax: 202-401-0689
Use this phone number and website to obtain information on the Department of Education's programs and major initiatives; publications, videos, and other materials; directory assistance; and referrals to specialists or other experts.

No Child Left Behind
Toll free: 1-888-814-NCLB (6252)
TTY: 1-800-437-0833
Fax: 202-401-0689

National Library of Education
Toll free: 1-800-424-1616
TTY: 202-205-7561
Use this phone number to obtain information about education statistics, research, and publications published by the Office of Educational Research and Improvement.

Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC)
Toll free: 1-800-LET-ERIC (538-3742)
Use this phone number to find out about the Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC) and the world's largest database of educational materials. Call to learn about new materials or receive referrals to other agencies.

EDInfo Electronic Newsletter
Join the EDInfo mailing list by: 1. Addressing an email message to 2. Writing this (and nothing else) in the message: subscribe EDInfo yourfirstname yourlastname (for example "subscribe EDInfo John Doe"). If you have a signature block please turn it off.

National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition (NCELA)
The George Washington University
2121 K St., NW, Ste. 260
Washington, DC 20037
Toll free: 1-800-321-6223 (Outside DC)
Fax: 1-800-531-9347 (Toll free) or 202-467-4283
NCELA is funded by the Office of English Language Acquistion (OELA) to collect, analyze, synthesize and disseminate information related to the education of bilingually and culturally diverse students in the U.S.

Office of Communications
400 Maryland Ave., SW - Room 5E317
Washington, DC 20202
Fax: 202-401-8607

U.S. Department of Education
Information Resource Center

400 Maryland Ave. S.W.
Washington, DC 20202
Toll free: 1-800-USA-LEARN
Toll free: 1-800-872-5327
TTY: 1-800-437-0833

Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS)
400 Maryland Ave SW
Washington, DC 20202-2800
Toll free: 1-866-889-6737
TTY: 202-205-4208
Fax: 202-245-7591

Publications Center (EDPUBS)
PO Box 1398
Jessup, MD 20794-1398
Toll free: 1-877-4ED-PUBS (1-877-433-7827)
TTY: 1-877-576-7734
Fax: 301-470-1244
Ed Pubs is the Education Publications Center for the US Department of Education. You can contact ED Pubs to find out what's available on topics of interest to you and to order free copies of publications, videotapes, CD-ROMS, posters, bookmarks, and other products. Many Department publications can be acquired instantly in electronic form via the Internet. Use the contact information above to order copies of publications.

Federal Student Aid Information Center
Toll free: 1-800-4FED-AID (433-3243) For info about how to apply for federal student aid.
Toll free: (For general information on student loans, grants and scholarships available from the Department of Education.)
TTY: 1-800-730-8913
Fax: 202-708-7970
E-mail:, overview, for students, for financial aid professionals, for info about direct loans, about this organization
If the student has already filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), he or she can check the status of the application by calling 1-800-4FED-AID. For Direct Loan toll-free services, including information about repayment options call: Direct Loan Origination Center Applicant Services:1-800-557-7392 Consolidation: 1-800.557-7392, TDD: 1-800.555.7395 School Relations: 1-800.877.7658

Department of Energy

Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Information Center
PO Box 43165
Olympia, WA 98504
Toll free: 1-877-337-3463
The EERE Information Center provides information about conservation and renewable energy.

Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE)
Office of the Assistant Secretary
Mail Stop EE-1
Department of Energy
Washington, DC 20585

Office of Consumer Information
Department of Energy
Washington, DC 20585
Toll free: 1-800-342-5363
Fax: 202-586-8006

Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI)
PO Box 62
Oak Ridge, TN 37832
865-576-8401 (Document Requests)
Fax: 865-576-3589

Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)

Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
370 L
’Enfant Promenade, SW
Washington, DC 20201
ACF is responsible for federal programs that promote the economic and social well-being of families, children, individuals, and communities. ACF provides national leadership and creates opportunities for families to lead economically and socially productive lives. ACF's programs are designed to help children to develop into healthy adults and communities become more prosperous and supportive of their members.

Child Welfare Information Gateway
Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
1250 Mayland Ave., SW, 8th Fl.
Washington, DC 20024
Toll free: 1-800-394-3366 (M-F, 9am-5:30pm ET)
Fax: 703-385-3206

Administration on Aging
Washington, DC 20201
Fax: 202-357-3555
AoA is the Federal focal point and advocate agency for older persons and their concerns. In this role, AoA works to heighten awareness among other Federal agencies, organizations, groups, and the public about the valuable contributions that older Americans make to the Nation. AoA also alerts others to the needs of vulnerable older people. Through information, referral and outreach efforts at the community level, AoA seeks to educate older people and their caregivers about the benefits and services available to help them.

Eldercare Locator
Administration on Aging
From Outside the United States: 301-419-3900 (When the operator answers - ask for the Eldercare Locator line)
Toll free: 1-800-677-1116 (M-F, 9 am-8 pm ET)
Fax: 202-357-3555
The Eldercare Locator is the first step to finding resources for older adults in any U.S. community. It is a free national service of the Administration on Aging that provides an instant connection to resources that enable older persons to live independently in their communities and offers support for caregivers. The National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a) administers the Eldercare Locator in partnership with the National Association of State Units on Aging (NASUA).

Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
Office of External Affairs
7500 Security Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21244-1850
Toll free: 1-800-MEDICARE (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
Toll free: 1-800-633-4227
TTY: 1-866-226-1819
Call 1-800-MEDICARE to get help with your questions about Medicare. You can order Medicare publications (English, Spanish, audio-tape, braille), get detailed information about the Medicare managed care plans in your area, order Medicare health plan quality and customer satisfaction information, and listen to recorded questions and answers on topics such as Medicare health plan choices and health plan quality information. CMS runs the Medicare, Medicaid, Clinical Laboratories (under the CLIA program), and Children's Health Insurance programs, and works to make sure that the beneficiaries in these programs are able to get high quality health care.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30333
404-639-3534 (Public Inquiries)
Toll free: 1-800-311-3435, en espanol

CDC National STD Hotline
Toll free: 1-800-227-8922 (24 hrs.)
Toll free: 1-800-344-7432 (en espanol, 8am-2pm, 7 days/week)
TTY: 1-800-243-7889 (M-F, 10am-10pm)

Food and Drug Administration
5600 Fishers Lane
Rockville, MD 20857-0001
Toll free: 1-888-INFO-FDA (463-6332)
Toll free: 1-888-723-3366 /

Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition Information Line
Food and Drug Administration
Outreach and Information Center
5100 Paint Branch Parkway HFS-555
College Park, MD 20740-3835
Toll free: 1-888-SAFEFOOD (723-3366)

National Institutes of Health (NIH)
9000 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20892
TTY: 301-402-9612
The National Institutes of Health (NIH), a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the primary Federal agency for conducting and supporting medical research.

National Runaway Switchboard
Administration for Children and Families
3080 N. Lincoln Ave.
Chicago, IL 60657
Toll free: 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929)

Office of Child Support Enforcement
Administration for Children and Families
370 L'Enfant Promenade, SW,
4th Floor East
Washington, DC 20447
Fax: 202-205-5927

National Health Information Center
PO Box 1133
Washington, DC 20013-1133
Toll free: 1-800-336-4797
Fax: 301-984-4256
NHIC is a health information referral service that links consumers and health professionals with organizations best able to provide answers to their health-related questions. NHIC also maintains

National Cancer Institute (NCI)
NCI Public Inquiries Office
6116 Executive Boulevard - Room 3036A
Bethesda, MD 20892-8322
Toll free: 1-800-4-CANCER (422-6237) (M-F, 9am-4pm)
TTY: 1-800-332-8615

National Institute of Mental Health
National Institutes of Health
6001 Executive Blvd.
Room 8184, MSC 9663
Bethesda, MD 20892-9663
Toll free: 1-866-615-6464
TTY: 301-443-8431, 1-866-415-8051 (Toll Free)
Fax: 301-443-4279
NIMH is the federal agency that conducts and supports research that seeks to understand, treat, and prevent mental illness. Trained information specialists are available Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm ET. Contact NIMH for information on the symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, clinical trials and research. A publications ordering system is available on the NIMH website. Some publications are available in Spanish.

Office of Civil Rights
200 Independence Ave., SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, DC 20201
Toll free: 1-800-369-1019
TTY: 1-800-537-7697

President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports
Department W
200 Independence Ave., SW, Room 738-H
Washington, DC 20201-0004
Fax: 202-690-5211

HHS-TIPS Fraud Hotline
Office of Inspector General
PO Box 23489
Washington, DC 20026
Toll free: 1-800-HHS-TIPS (1-800-447-8477)
Fax: 1-800-223-8164 (Toll free)

HIV/AIDS Prevention
Toll free: 1-800-232-4636 (24 hrs., 7 days a week, in English and espanol)
TTY: 1-888-232-6348

PO Box 6303
Rockville, MD 20849-6363
Toll free: 1-800-HIV-0440 (English/Espanol 12pm-5pm)
TTY: 1-888-480-3739
Fax: 301-519-6616
E-mail:, Live help (M-F, 12pm-4pm Spanish-speaking agents available)

Department of Homeland Security

Washington, DC 20528
202-282-8000, Homeland Security homepage, terrorism preparation website

U.S. Customs and Border Protection
1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20229
Fax: 202-927-1380

United States Coast Guard
Navigation Center
2100 Second St., SW
Washington, DC 20593-0001

National Response Center
United States Coast Guard
2100 Second St., SW, Room 2611-B
Washington, DC 20593
Toll free: 1-800-424-8802
Fax: 202-372-2920
NRC must be called immediately if there is environmental release of hazardous chemicals, biological, radiological or etiological agents or oil pollution; NRC provides the WMD hotline.

United States Secret Service
245 Murray Drive, Building 410
Washington, DC 20223

Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Toll free: 1-800-375-5283 (National Customer Service Center)
TTY: 1-800-767-1833

Department of Housing and Urban Development

Home Improvement Branch
451 Seventh St., SW, Room 9272
Washington, DC 20410
Fax: 202-708-4308

Home Mortgage Insurance Division
451 Seventh St., SW, Room 9266
Washington, DC 20410
Fax: 202-708-4308

Inspector General's Fraud Hotline
Office of Investigations
451 7th St., SW
Washington, DC 20410-4500
Toll free: 1-800-347-3735 (Outside DC)
TTY: 1-800-304-9597
Fax: 202-708-4829

Office of Manufactured Housing Program
Office of Deputy Assistant Secretary for Regulatory Affairs and Manufactured Housing
451 Seventh St., SW, Room 9164
Washington, DC 20410-8000
Toll free: 1-800-927-2891
Fax: 202-708-4213
E-mail:, Manufactured Housing, Minimum Property Standards
The Manufactured Housing Program is a consumer protection program that regulates the construction of certain factory-built housing units called "manufactured homes," formerly known as "mobile homes." HUD works with 37 states to respond to consumer complaints. The Minimum Property Standards (MPS) establish certain minimum standards for buildings constructed under HUD housing programs. This includes new single family homes, multi-family housing and health care type facilities.

Office of Affordable Housing Programs
451 Seventh St., SW, Room 7164
Washington, DC 20410
Toll free: 1-800-998-9999 (Community Connections)
Fax: 202-708-1744

Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
451 7th St., SW - Room 5204
Washington, DC 20410-2000
Toll free: 1-800-669-9777 (Complaints Hotline)
TTY: 1-800-927-9275
Fax: 202-708-4483

Office of RESPA and Interstate Land Sales
Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Regulatory Affairs andManufactured Housing
451 7th St., SW, Room 9158
Washington, DC 20410
Toll free: 1-800-217-6970 (Home Buyer Assistance)
Fax: 202-708-4559
E-mail:, RESPA, Interstate Land Sales
Handles complaints and provides information regarding real estate loan transactions and borrower rights under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA). The Interstate Land Sales program protects consumers from fraud and abuse in the sale or lease of land. The Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act requires land developers to register subdivisions of 100 or more non-exempt lots with HUD and to provide each purchaser with a disclosure document called a Property Report. The Property Report contains relevant information about the subdivision and must be delivered to each purchaser before the signing of the contract or agreement.

Department of Justice

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
Public Information
650 Massachusetts Ave., NW
Room 8290
Washington, DC 20226
Fax: 202-927-7862

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Information Line
Civil Rights Division
950 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Disability Rights Section--NYAV
Washington, DC 20530
Toll free: 1-800-514-0301
TTY: 1-800-514-0383

Antitrust Division
950 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Room 3335
Washington, DC 20530
Fax: 202-514-3763

Civil Rights Division
950 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20530
Fax: 202-514-0293

Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
Washington, DC 20537

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
935 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20535
Fax: 202-324-2020

Department of Labor

Office of Disability Employment Policy
U. S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave., NW, Room S1303
Washington, DC 20210
Toll free: 1-866-633-7365
Toll free: 1-866-487-2365
TTY: 202-693-7881 or 1-877-889-5627
Fax: 202-693-7888

U.S. Department of Labor National Contact Center
Toll free: 1-866-4-USA-DOL (1-866-487-2365)
TTY: 1-877-889-5627

Employment Standards Administration
Department of Labor, Room S2321
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
Toll free: 1-866-4US-WAGE (1-866-487-9243)
TTY: 1-877-889-5627

Employment and Training Administration
Office of Public Affairs
Department of Labor, Room S2307
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
Toll free: 1-877-US-2JOBS (1-877-872-5627)
TTY: 1-877-889-5627

Mine Safety and Health Administration
1100 Wilson Blvd., 21st Floor
Arlington, VA 22209
Toll free: 1-866-4 USA-DOL (1-866-487-2365)
Toll free: 1-800-746-1554 (Anonymous Reporting of Hazardous Working Conditions in Mine area)

Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Office of Information and Consumer Affairs
Department of Labor, Room N3647
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
Toll free: 1-800-321-OSHA (1-800-321-6742)
TTY: 1-877-889-5627

Employee Benefits Security Administration
Office of Program Services
Department of Labor, Room S2524
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
Toll free: 1-866-444-3272
TTY: 1-877-899-5627
The Employment Benefits Security Administration provides information and answers questions on private sector, employer-sponsored pension benefit and health benefit plans.

Veteran's Employment and Training Service
Department of Labor, Room S1325
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
Toll free: 1-866-4-USA-DOL
TTY: 1-877-889-5627

Women's Bureau
Department of Labor, Room S3002
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
Toll free: 1-800-827-5335
TTY: 1-877-889-5627
Fax: 202-693-6725
The Women's Bureau addresses work issues such as sexual harassment, pregnancy discrimination, and family and medical leave, and dependent care (child and/or elder care) policies.

Department of State

Overseas Citizens Services
Washington, DC 20520
202-647-5225 (Emergencies and Non-emergencies, Mon.-Fri., 8:15 a.m.-10 p.m.)
202-647-4000 (After hours emergencies, Sundays, and holidays ask for the duty officer)
202-736-9130 (International Child abduction; Adoption of foreign children)
Toll free: 1-888-407-4747
For help with emergencies and non-emergencies affecting private Americans abroad. Office of Children's Issues (international child abduction & adoption of foreign children) 202-736-7000 Fax: 202-663-2674

National Passport Information Center
Passport Services
Toll free: 1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778)
TTY: 1-888-874-7793
Contact the National Passport Information Center for information on U.S. passports, including the status of pending applications, as well as the locations of the over 4,500 passport acceptance facilities.

Visa Services
Washington, DC 20520
202-663-1225 (8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., EST M-F)
Emergency after hours: 202-647-1512
Fax: 202-663-3897
Contact Visa Services for information on U.S. visas for foreigners.

Department of the Interior

Bureau of Reclamation
1849 C Street NW
Mail Code 92-00000
Washington, DC 20240
202-513-0535 (Public Affairs)

Minerals Management Service
1849 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20240
202-208-3985 (Public Affairs)

Bureau of Indian Affairs
1849 C Street NW - Room 4542
Washington, DC 20240
202-208-3710 (Public Affairs)

Bureau of Land Management
1849 C Street NW - Room 406-LS
Washington, DC 20240
202-452-5125 (Public Affairs)
Fax: 202-452-5124

Fish and Wildlife Service
18th and C Street NW
M S 3351
Washington, DC 20240
202-208-5634 (Public Affairs)
Toll free: 1-800-344-WILD (9453)

Geological Survey
12201 Sunrise Valley Dr.
Reston, VA 20192
703-648-4460 (Public Affairs)
Toll free: 1-888-ASK-USGS (1-888-275-8747)

National Park Service
1849 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20240
202-208-4747 (Public Affairs)

Department of the Treasury

Acohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
Public Information Officer
1310 G Street, NW, 3rd Floor
Washington, DC 20220

Bureau of Engraving and Printing
Office of External Relations
14th and C St.s, SW, Room 533 M
Washington, DC 20228
Fax: 202-874-3177

Bureau of the Public Debt
Customer Call Center

Treasury Direct
PO Box 9150
Minneapolis, MN 55480
Toll free: 1-800-722-2678

Comptroller of the Currency
Customer Assistance Group
1301 McKinney St., Suite 3450
Houston, TX 77010
Toll free: 1-800-613-6743

Financial Management Service
Office of Legislative and Public Affairs
Liberty Center 401, 14th St., SW
Room 555
Washington, DC 20227
Fax: 202-874-7016

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
General Information: 1-800-829-1040
Automated Refund Information: 1-800-829-4477
Forms: 1-800-829-3676
Toll free: Taxpayer Advocate Service: 1-877-777-4778
Toll free: To Report Tax Fraud or Abuse: 1-800-829-0433
TTY: 1-800-829-4059
IRS e-file and IRS e-payment are now available through the IRS website. To find out whether the IRS received your return and whether it was processed, visit the IRS website or call 1-800-829- 4477 or 1-800-829-1040. Whichever method you choose, you’ll need your social security number, filing status, and the refund amount. Employer Identification Numbers (EIN) can be obtained by fax, mail, or phone. To get an EIN by fax or mail, download Form SS-4, Application for Employer ID Number, from or order a copy from 1-800-829-3676. Complete the form and fax or mail it to the number or address shown on the form for your state. To get an EIN by phone, call toll-free 1-866-816-2065 Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. local time. Don’t fall victim to a frivolous tax argument or abusive scheme. Be on guard for tax scams and recognize that if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Office of Thrift Supervision
Compliance Policy
1700 G St., NW
Washington, DC 20552
Toll free: 1-800-842-6929
The Office of Thrift Supervision handles complaints about Federal savings and loans and Federal savings banks.

Bureau of the Public Debt
Marketing Office
999 E St., NW, Ste. 313
Washington, DC 20239
Toll free: 1-800-4US-BOND (Toll free recording of savings bond interest rates)

United States Mint
Customer Service Center

801 9th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20220
Toll free: 1-800-872-6468

Department of Transportation (DOT)

Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
400 Seventh St.
Washington, DC 20590
Toll free: 1-800-832-5660
TTY: 1-800-877-8339, hompage, information about your rights when moving
Consumers may and are encouraged to submit household goods (HHG) commercial complaints to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration by calling toll-free, 1-888-DOT-SAFE (368-7238). This same toll-free number may be used to report dangerous safety violations involving a commercial truck or bus.

Federal Aviation Administration
800 Independence Ave., SW
Washington, DC 20591
Toll free: 1-866-835-5322

AIR Consumer Protection Division
C-75, Room 4107
Washington, DC 20590
TTY: 202-366-0511
Contact AIR Consumer Protection Division with airline service complaints.

Office of Safety (RRS)
Federal Railroad Administration office address:
1120 Vermont Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20005
Fax: 202-493-6309
Railway Safety mailing address: Federal Railroad Administration 400 Seventh Street, SW Mail Stop 25 Washington DC 20590

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
400 7th St., SW, Room 5232
Washington, DC 20590
Toll free: 1-888-DASH 2 DOT (1-888-327-4236) (Vehicle Safety Hotline)
NHTSA wants to hear from consumers regarding potential defects in their cars. NHTSA's hotline has information on safety recalls; crash test ratings; child safety seats; bicycles; air bags; and impaired driving prevention.

Transportation Security Administration
400 7th St., SW
Washington, DC 20590

Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)

Toll free: 1-800-827-1000
TTY: 1-800-829-4833
Fax: 202-273-5716
For information about VA medical care or benefits, write, call or visit your nearest VA facility.

Consumer Affairs Service
810 Vermont Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20420
Toll free: 1-800-827-1000
TTY: 1-800-829-4833
Fax: 202-273-5716
Contact the Consumer Affairs Service for consumer information or general assistance.

National Cemetery Administration
810 Vermont Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20420
Fax: 202-273-6698
Contact the National Cemetery Administration for information about burials, headstones or markers, the state cemetery grants program, and presidential memorial certificates.

Veterans Benefits Administration
810 Vermont Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20420
202-273-7588 (Publications Only)
Toll free: 1-800-827-1000

Veterans Health Administration
810 Vermont Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20420
Toll free: 1-877-222-8387
Fax: 202-273-9609

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)

Energy Star® Program
1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Room 6202J
Washington, DC 20460
Toll free: 1-888-STAR-YES (1-888-782-7937)
The ENERGY STAR label is awarded to products for the home and office that are highly energy efficient. Buying appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, heating and cooling equipment and other products that carry this label helps protect the environment and saves money as well.

Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Information Clearinghouse (IAQ INFO)
PO Box 37133
Washington, DC 20013-7133
Toll free: 1-800-438-4318
Fax: 703-356-5386
The IAQ is an easily accessible, central source of information on indoor air quality, created and supported by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

Inspector General's Fraud, Waste and Abuse Hotline
1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Mail Code 2491T
Washington, DC 20460
Toll free: 1-888-546-8740
Fax: 202-566-2549

EPA Headquarters Information Resources Center
1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW (3404T)
Washington, DC 20460
Fax: 202-556-0562
This is the EPA headquarters library, which provides assistance in locating EPA and environmental information, including general interest, non-technical publications on a variety of environmental topics.

National Pesticide Information Center
Oregon State University
333 Weniger Hall
Corvalis, OR 97331-6502
Toll free: 1-800-858-7378 (United States, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands)
Fax: 541-737-0761
A service that provides objective, science-based information about a wide variety of pesticide-related subjects, including: pesticide products, recognition and management of pesticide poisonings, toxicology, environmental chemistry.

Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
RCRA, Superfund and EPCRA Hotline
Washington, DC 20460
703-412-9810 (DC metro area)
Toll free: 1-800-424-9346 (Outside DC)
Toll free: 1-800-535-0202 (9-6 EST)
TTY: 1-800-553-7672; 703-412-3323 (local)
Fax: 703-412-3333

Safe Drinking Water Hotline
Toll free: 1-800-426-4791

Toxic Substances Control Act Assistance Information Service Hotline (TSCA)
Fax: 202-554-5603

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

Office of Communications and Legislative Affairs
1801 L St., NW
Washington, DC 20507
Toll free: 1-800-669-4000 (Outside DC - file-a-charge information)
Toll free: 1-800-800-3302
TTY: (202) 663-4494

Federal Communications Commission (FCC)

Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau (CGB)
445 12th St. SW
Washington, DC 20554
Toll free: 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322)
TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322)
Fax: 1-866-418-0232
FCC accepts public inquiries, informal complaints, and questions regarding cable, radio, satellite, telephone, television and wireless services.

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)

Division of Supervision and Consumer Protection
Consumer Response Center
2345 Grand Boulevard, Ste 100
Kansas City, MO 64108
703-562-2222 (Virginia Residents)
Toll free: 1-877-ASK-FDIC (1-877-275-3342)
TTY: 1-800-925-4618
Fax: 816-234-9060
FDIC handles questions about federal deposit insurance coverage and complaints about FDIC-insured state banks which are not members of the Federal Reserve System.

Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)

Office of Inspector General
Toll free: 1-800-323-8603 (Government Waste Hotline)

Office of Public Affairs
500 C St., S.W.
Washington, DC 20472
Fax: 202-646-4086
E-mail: (general inquiries)

United States Fire Administration
National Emergency Training Center (NETC)
16825 South Seton Ave.
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
301-447-1117 (Office of the Superintendent, National Fire Academy)
301-447-1286 (Office of the Superintendent, Emergency Management Institute)
Toll free: 1-800-238-3358

National Flood Insurance Program
Mitigation Division
500 C St., SW
Washington, DC 20472
Toll free: 1-888-CALL-FLOOD
TTY: 1-800-427-5593
Fax: 202-646-2531

Response and Recovery Directorate
500 C St., SW, Room 705
Washington, DC 20472
Toll free: 1-800-462-9029 (Only after your area has been declared a disaster area)
Disaster victims living in presidentially-declared major disaster areas can find out if they are eligible to apply for disaster assistance by calling the toll free number.

Federal Maritime Commission

Federal Maritime Commission (FMC)
Office of Consumer Complaints
The Office of Consumer Complaints
800 North Capitol St., NW
Washington, DC 20573
FMC is the regulatory agency overseeing ocean carriers and certain other entities, operating in the waterborne foreign commerce of the U.S. FMC assists consumers engaged in disputes with transporting carriers as well as with cruise operators.

Federal Reserve System

Division of Consumer and Community Affairs
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
20th & C St.s, NW
Washington, DC 20551
202-452-3693 (Complaints Only)
202-452-3204 (Public Affairs)
TTY: 202-452-3544
The Board of Governors handles consumer complaints about state-chartered banks and trust companies that are members of the Federal Reserve System.

Federal Trade Commission (FTC)

Federal Trade Commission
Bureau of Consumer Protection
Division of Consumer and Business Education
600 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20580
Toll free: 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357)
TTY: 1-866-653-4261
The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop, and avoid them. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit the website or call the toll-free numbers above. The FTC enters Internet, telemarketing, identity theft, and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.

General Services Administration

Federal Citizen Information Center
Federal Citizen Information Center (FCIC)
1800 F Street, NW
Room G-142
Washington, DC 20405
For Catalog Orders: Send your name and address to Catalog, Pueblo, CO 81009
(202) 501-1794
Toll free: 1-800-FED-INFO
Toll free: 1-888 8-PUEBLO (Catalog Orders)
Fax: 202-501-4281, The U.S. Government's Official Web Portal, FCIC homepage, consumer information and tips, citizen services, FirstGov for kids, en espanol, in Spanish
FCIC publishes the free, quarterly Consumer Information Catalog, which lists more than 200 free and low-cost Federal booklets on a wide variety of consumer topics, and maintains a family of websites to help provide free, timely and useful information to citizens. Consumers can get the information they need in three ways: Through printed publications, by calling toll-free 1-800-FED-INFO (333-4636), or by visiting, the U.S. government's official web portal.

Surplus Federal Property Sales
1800 F Street NW
Washington, DC 20405
Toll free: 1-800-488-3111, GSA homepage, GSA online auctions
GSA helps federal agencies dispose of unneeded property by selling directly to the public. We sell personal property, real estate, and vehicles to the public. For more information visit and click "For Citizens." The GSA Auctions® e-tool offers the general public the opportunity to bid electronically on many federal assets. The auctions are completely web-enabled, allowing all registered participants to bid on a single item or multiple items (lots) within specified timeframes. To access GSA Auctions visit the second website listed above.

National Archives and Records Administration

National Archives and Records Administration at College Park
8601 Adelphi Rd.
College Park, MD 20740-6001
Toll free: Toll free: 1-866-272-6272
NARA is an independent Federal agency that helps preserve our nation's history by overseeing the management of all Federal records. NARA's mission is to provide ready access to essential evidence that documents the rights of American citizens, the actions of Federal officials, and the national experience.

National Council on Disability (NCD)

Director of Communications
1331 F St., NW
Suite 850
Washington, DC 20004
TTY: 202-272-2074
Fax: 202-272-2022
The National Council on Disability is an independent federal agency making recommendations to the President and Congress on policies affecting 54 million Americans with disabilities. NCD works to empower individuals with disabilities and to promote equal opportunity.

National Credit Union Administration

1775 Duke St.
Alexandria, VA 22314-3428
Toll free: Fraud Hotline: 800-827-9650
Toll free: Inspector General Hotline: 800-778-4806
The National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund provides Federal insurance for nearly 10,300 credit unions.

National Labor Relations Board

Division of Information
1099 14th St., NW, Room 94000
Washington, DC 20570
Toll free: 1-866-667-NLRB (6572)
TTY: 1-866-315-NLRB (6572)
Fax: 202-273-1789
The NLRB conducts elections to determine whether or not employees want union representation and investigates and remedies unfair labor practices by employers and unions.

Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)

U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
Office of Public Affairs
Office of Conusmer Affairs
Washington, DC 20555
Toll free: 800-368-5642
Fax: 301-415-5575
The NRC regulates the commercial use of nuclear materials and nuclear power in the U.S. to protect public health and safety.

Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation

Contact Center
Consumer Contact Center
PO Box 151750
Alexandria, VA 22315-1750
Toll free: 1-800-400-PBGC
TTY: Call the federal relay service at 1-800-877-8339
Fax: 202-326-4047 or 202-326-4147, Contact Us
Questions and comments about the website should go to Personal Pension Inquiries should go to

Postal Rate Commission

Office of the Consumer Advocate (OCA)
1333 H St., NW
Suite 300
Washington, DC 20268-0001
Fax: 202-789-6819
The Commission holds hearings and makes recommendations to the Governors of the Postal Service on proposed changes in postal rates and mail classifications. The Office of the Consumer Advocate represents the interests of the general public in such cases. The Commission and the OCA are separate from the Postal Service and have no involvement in mail delivery or service matters.

Railroad Retirement Board

844 North Rush St.
Chicago, IL 60611-2092
(312) 751-7139
Toll free: 1-800-808-0772 (Helpline)
Toll free: 1-800-772-4258 (To report fraud or abuse)
TTY: 312-751-4701

The Railroad Retirement Board is an independent agency in the executive branch of the Federal Government. The Board's primary function is to administer comprehensive retirement-survivor and unemployment-sickness benefit programs for the nation's railroad workers and their families, under the Railroad Retirement and Railroad Unemployment Insurance Acts.

Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)

Office of Investor Education and Assistance
100 F Street, NE
Washington, DC 20549-0213
Toll free: 1-800-SEC-0330
Fax: 202-772-9295 (Investor Information)

Small Business Administration (SBA)

409 3rd Street, SW, Suite 7600
Washington, DC 20416
Toll free: 1-800-U-ASK-SBA (827-5722) (Information)
TTY: 704-344-6640
Fax: 202-481-6190
SBA offices are located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam. For the office nearest you, look under "U.S. Government" in your telephone directory.

Social Security Administration

Office of Public Inquiries
2555 Windsor Park Bldg.
6401 Security Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21235
Toll free: 1-800-772-1213
The Social Security Administration provides retirement, survivors and disability benefits, as well as administers Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments. To report Social Security or SSI fraud, call toll free: 1-800-269-0271.

Surface Transportation Board (STB)

1925 K St., NW
Washington, DC 20423-0001
The STB resolves railroad rate and service disputes and reviews proposed railroad mergers. The STB is decisionally independent, although it is administratively affiliated with the Department of Transportation.

Office of Congressional and Public Services
1925 K St., NW
Suite 840
Washington, DC 20423-0001
Fax: 202-565-9016

Office of Press Services
1925 K St., NW
Washington, DC 20423-0001
202-565-1596 (Press Releases)
Fax: 202-565-9016
The STB Office of Press Services answers questions about STB press releases.

U.S. Postal Service

Vice President and Consumer Advocate
475 L'Enfant Plaza, SW
Room 10427
Washington, DC 20260-2200
Toll free: 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777)
TTY: 1-877-889-2457
The US Postal Service Consumer Advocate listens to the voice of the customer and amplifies the message to postal management. Through proactive external messaging, the Consumer Advocate also channels information from the Postal Service to customers on postal policy and procedures and on ways to get the most from their Post Office.

United States Postal Inspection Service
Criminal Investigations Service Center
ATTN: Mail Fraud
222 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 1250
Chicago, IL 60606-6100
If you believe you have been the victim of a crime involving the U.S. mail or need assistance with postal-related problems of a law enforcement nature, you should contact your nearest Postal Inspection Service office. Addresses and telephone numbers can be found in the government pages of your telephone book or by visiting the Postal Inspection Service website.



©Credit Assistance Network Incorporated

Your Trusted Source for Expert Credit Help

powered by
powered by